Pushkin City Theater

  • Be the first to comment!
(0 votes)

Text

The theater was opened on April 20, 1910.  The first production on the stage of the theater was the opera "Ivan Susanin" by Mikhail Glinka. The production was played by the actors of the Mariinsky Theater, specially invited from St. Petersburg.  Until 1937, the theater was called the city, and on the day of the centenary of the death of Alexander Pushkin was renamed in honor of the poet. 

A few years ago the theater was restored.  The auditorium was expanded to 900 seats by increasing the number of seats and reducing the number of lodges, the roof was repaired, but the facade of the building remained almost unchanged.

At different times, Evgeniy Vakhtangov, Maria Savina, Konstantin Stanislavsky, Leonid Sobinov, Antonina Nezhdanova, Fedor Shalyapin and Alexander Vertinsky were performed at the theater. Also,  Duvanovsky Square is situated around the theater.

Contacts

Comments

Leave a comment

Назад

Поделиться: