×

Warning

JUser: :_load: Unable to load user with ID: 670

Church of the Mother of God

  • Be the first to comment!
(0 votes)
City of Crimea: Feodosiya
Adress: Republic of Crimea, Feodosia, Krasnoarmeyskaya st. 11
Type of tourists point: Churches and cathedrals
Contacts:

Republic of Crimea, Feodosia, Krasnoarmeyskaya st.  11

Location:

<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" src="https://api-maps.yandex.ru/services/constructor/1.0/js/?sid=1L0yi6dDSPqKhxdvkrB5HtaoTSijfk4t&width=600&height=400&lang=ru_RU&sourceType=constructor"></script>

Text

Church the Blessed Virgin Mary is an ancient Greek temple of Feodosia. The general opinion of historians, masonry at its base refers to the VII-IX centuries. Over time, the temple has repeatedly changed its shape. The oldest hall-room built in the Byzantine style.

In XVIII-XIX centuries. a lot of work both in the external appearance of the church, and in its interior decoration was carried out. In 1825, the church bell tower was built of white stone, and in 1854 made a large outbuilding. At the same time inside the church was decorated with frescoes and elegant stone carvings. The dome was decorated with stained glass. On the north side of the church at a distance of 4 meters, against the altar in the wall, there was a well with clean water, then went down to the altar of the temple.

The church served as the Greek community of the city. Service here was conducted in Russian and Greek. "Eliniko Skole" (Greek school): In 1891, the primary school, the entrance of which adorned the inscription was built at the church.

In 1937 the church was closed, and active members of the Greek community church shot on charges of "espionage counter-revolutionary activities."February 10, 1938, was shot and monk Vvedensky Church, Bartholomew PATH (1894-1938). In subsequent years, the church building was completely changed: hit by a graceful stone carving, decorating the altar, painted murals, demolished the dome, bell tower destroyed. Power tips arranged here a gymnasium with locker rooms and coaching facilities.

Since 1993, the restoration of the church began. Above the entrance was erected snow-white bell tower, crowned with a cross dome, the temple was surrounded by a fence. The current temple iconostasis painted himself rector Fr Alexander Vinnik.

In 1993, Vvedensky church was returned to believers, and 4 December 1993, the renewed temple served first service. To date, work is underway to restore the temple. Sunday school - for children and for adults.

Contacts

Republic of Crimea, Feodosia, Krasnoarmeyskaya st.  11

Location

<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" src="https://api-maps.yandex.ru/services/constructor/1.0/js/?sid=1L0yi6dDSPqKhxdvkrB5HtaoTSijfk4t&width=600&height=400&lang=ru_RU&sourceType=constructor"></script>

Comments

Leave a comment

Назад

Поделиться: