×

Warning

JUser: :_load: Unable to load user with ID: 670

Cathedral of Our Lady of Kazan, Kazan Cathedral

  • Be the first to comment!
(0 votes)
City of Crimea: Feodosiya
Adress: Republic of Crimea, Feodosia, Karl Marx st., 52
Type of tourists point: Churches and cathedrals
Contacts:

Republic of Crimea, Feodosia,  Karl Marx st., 52

Phone: +7 (36562) 3-00-23

Location:

<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" src="https://api-maps.yandex.ru/services/constructor/1.0/js/?sid=NuqLpduZ4ri5jJImyhEka8Wo1Jn1_9W-&width=600&height=400&lang=ru_RU&sourceType=constructor"></script>

Text

Cathedral of the Kazan Icon of the Mother of God - Theodosius Orthodox Cathedral, which is its historical landmark.

In 1887, the mayor of St. Petersburg Kazan Cathedral, Count Nikolai Fedorovich Heyden sacrificed in favor of St. Paraskeva Monastery his villa "kapha" in Feodosia, so that at this farmstead was built Church of the Kazan Icon of the Mother of God. Citizens Feodosia Kazan farmstead donated a plot of land adjacent to it.

August 6, 1891 was founded a small temple in memory of the miraculous escape of the royal family at the train crash October 17, 1888. However, the money to build the temple in Feodosia was not. Baroness Mary Fredericks and the organizer of one of the first in Russia to the Community Nurses Martha Sabinina gave the city the portable church. October 22, 1891 the church was consecrated by Bishop Martinian in honor of the great martyr and healer Panteleimon.

In 1907, instead of the wooden church was erected stone Cathedral of the Kazan Icon of the Mother of God. Construction was carried out under the project of architect GL Theodosia Keighley in the traditions of Russian-Byzantine style. Consecration took it in 1911 with the assistance of Bishop Tauride and Simferopol Theophanes.

After the revolution, in 1919, Toplovsky monastery courtyard with its temples and other buildings were looted, lost Orthodox shrines. At the beginning of the Great Patriotic War farmstead used as a concentration camp for Soviet prisoners of war. Until 1943 he was in disrepair, and during the German occupation was opened with the aim of worship for the Romanian army units.After the entry of Soviet troops in Feodosia in April 1944 in the temple was resumed permanent church service.

Over the 10 years from 1950-1960 at the initiative of the Archbishop of Simferopol and Crimea, and St. Luke's Cathedral updates the art of painting, filling the church utensils.

In 2004, at the initiative of Abbess Paraskeva, Toplovsky prioress of the monastery and the blessing of Metropolitan of Simferopol and Crimea Lazar was restored tradition of processions with the icon of Kazan Mother of God of Toplovsky monastery in Feodosia.

In 2011, the centenary of the cathedral it was reconstructed, the foundation was strengthened fence, paved inland tiles and building a ramp for the disabled.

In connection with the formation of an independent diocese of Feodosia-Kerch, Kazan Cathedral became the cathedral church of the new diocese.

Contacts

Republic of Crimea, Feodosia,  Karl Marx st., 52

Phone: +7 (36562) 3-00-23

Location

<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" src="https://api-maps.yandex.ru/services/constructor/1.0/js/?sid=NuqLpduZ4ri5jJImyhEka8Wo1Jn1_9W-&width=600&height=400&lang=ru_RU&sourceType=constructor"></script>

Comments

Leave a comment

Назад

Поделиться: